Skriv svar

search yielded 2 results of my great grampa

trickrun
male
search yielded 2 results of my great grampa married and died in North dakota? terrible search engine.
and when i typed this above in to the subject it tells me, too many characters even though it let me type it all in a lonnnng subject slot. Not very good website programming. doubt I will use this service at all..as everything I want to do requires me to pay. I don't mind paying once, but continuing to pay once I've paid to use it, especially when I am searching using a search engine that brings up 2 results, not even close to my great grampa's dates....which I can find on 23andme and ancestry, easily. strange search engine.

ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Släktträd: Grafisk
Visa deras familjeträd.
Just to confirm, are you typing the name in the forum search box ("above") or the ancestor search box (https://en.geneanet.org)?

Geneanet has a free level and a premium level. The free level lets you search all user trees and all documents indexed by users in collaborative indexing. The premium level gives you more search tools and access to additional archives. If you decide to purchase a premium subscription, you would only have to pay once to access all premium services for the duration of your subscription.

Since Geneanet is based in France and a significant portion of its users are from France or neighboring countries, its content is mostly related to the region. It will help you with European ancestry, but less likely for your North Dakota ancestors.

trickrun
male
Thanks for the info...makes sense about results from north dakota...hopefully, i can search for my european ancestors much easier...what is annoying, (using search database from pulldown above), is that now I have 3 records...one i cant get to because i need to pay, 2 are rootspoint, but, they are from 1940 census. I put in a date range of 1850-1899. soooooo, why in the world is the searchengine giving me totally wrong info?

I'll try to use search later when I get more info on my Scottish and english and german/polish roots.
thanks

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Family History Searches"