Skriv svar

FAMILY OSKAR OLSEN

ihmehornet1952
male
Släktträd: Grafisk
Visa deras familjeträd.
For a long time I have tried to find out what happened to the family Olsen.
They left Norway, arrived New York in 1884. Paper show that they travelled in transit.
After that I can not find them. Where did they lived, died etc.

Father : SAMUEL OSCAR OLSEN ,
Born : 02.09.1850, Norway.

Mother : IDA GULOVNA LEVINE OSMUNDSEN OLSEN
Born : 08.04.1854, Norway.

Children :
IDA LILLY OLSEN,
Born :13.02.1880, Norway.

SARA LEVINE OLSEN,
Born: 28.01.1883, Norway

Apreciate all help.
Thanks

ihmehornet1952
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Or, since the family were in transit, is there data or passangers list of boats going out from New York ?
Hans Ihme

ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Visa deras familjeträd.
There are very few departure lists that have survived. Even fewer online.

Many ship manifests indicate the final destination of the travelers (unfortunately, not all). Have you looked at the image of the manifest?

Geographically, it's most probable that they continued on to Canada. But we can't exclude central and south America.

ihmehornet1952
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Thanks Eric for your support. If the family were in transient, I understand that this means that they had no adress i USA, or no planned place to go. Is that correct ?

ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Visa deras familjeträd.
It's hard to determine exactly what is meant by transit. All I have to go to is "Paper show that they travelled in transit." It suggests that they are transiting in the US on their way to another country (Canada being the closest). But it's technically possible that they are transiting in NY for another US destination by boat.

If in the US, I usually start looking for the family in the census following their arrival. Unfortunately, the 1890 census burned so we have to go to 1900, a full 16 years after their arrival, and OLSEN is a fairly common name. I took a quick look and did not find anything.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list/?fcs=region%3AUNITED_STATES%2CrecordType%3ACENSUS&ec=region%3AUNITED_STATES%2CrecordType%3ACENSUS

Skriv svar

Återgå till "Family History Searches"