Birth and marriage certificates 100y or older

elalala
female
Släktträd: Grafisk
Sökning: Grafik
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hi,
Can someone help?
Is it possible to obtain birth cerificates of ancestors born more than 100 years ago?
I'm currently after birth certificates of 3 great grandparents whose details I've managed to find and who were born 1910 and 1917?

Thank you
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

In some parts of France, they're online, but for most of them you have to write to the town council (you could try sending an email).

Here is the list of online departmental archives:

https://en.geneanet.org/explore/french-ancestors/post/4-online-departmental-archives/

Which cities are they?

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
elalala
female
Visa deras familjeträd.
To the mairie?

Château-Chalon (39) is the one I’m currently after, but also need to check Sourcieux-les-Mines, and Bully (69)
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
elalala skrev: 01 mars 2021, 11:50 To the mairie?
Yes, you can find their contact details on this website:

https://lannuaire.service-public.fr/

I had a quick look for the towns you mentioned: Château-Chalon and Bully are online, not Sourcieux-les-Mines.

Do you read French?

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
elalala
female
Visa deras familjeträd.
Unfortunately not, I’ve got basic french and google translate.

Thank you for checking for me.
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Sökning: Text
Visa deras familjeträd.
It looks like Château-Chalon births are online until 1912 (http://archives39.fr/ark:/36595/a011423563583OPE173/fe5bc69868) but tables are available until 1942. Those will allow you to verify the date and possibly give the town hall the act # to look for.

Sourcieux-les-Mines is only online until 1901.

Eric
elalala
female
Visa deras familjeträd.
I’ve had a look at original record and she’s there so thank you.

What are the tables?

And could you elaborate on what exactly would I need to provide the mairie for him/her to be able to issue me the act naissance this old?

Merci
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
You should have a look at this:

https://en.geneanet.org/explore/french-ancestors/

"Tables décennales" = decennial tables or 10-year index, they're very helpful to find a precise date.

To order a copy of a record, you need the precise date and place. For records that old, the parents' names are not required but if you can provide them, it's always better.

Claudine
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Sökning: Text
Visa deras familjeträd.
The tables are an alphabetical index of the registers. They would be the first stop in your search if you don't know the exact date of the event.

Decennial tables each cover a 10-year period and were established after the revolution. If you're lucky, there will be also a table for all church records, sometimes dating back to before 1600.

Tables will typically give you the date the act was written (typically within a few days of the event), the act number, or the page number. Sometimes they even include the parents' names which makes things really easy.

As for asking the town hall, the more info you give them, the easier it will be. If you obtained the dates form someone's tree or anything else, check the tables to make sure the info is correct. Then send the town hall the information you gathered (act or page #). That may save them the time to check the tables themselves and they will appreciate it.

Eric
Skriv svar

Återgå till "France"