Skriv svar

Maternal Dna kits

Discussions regarding DNA & Genetic Genealogy.
kurly2970
female
Släktträd: Icke-grafisk
Sökning: Text
Visa deras familjeträd.

Maternal Dna kits

Inlägg av kurly2970 »

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions
As to which company to purchase a maternal Dna test from.

Thanks,
Jocelyne
robjaco
male

Re: Maternal Dna kits

Inlägg av robjaco »

The best choice right now is the Full Sequence mtDNA test at FamilyTree DNA, get it on sale if possible, for $139. It's not cheap but is comprehensive, the last mtDNA test you'll ever need.

After you get your results (an mtDNA haplogroup and a report of your Extra mutations and a list of matches), I recommend uploading the FASTA file they provide to YFull (another $25 I believe), which is currently the one active site maintaining and expanding the mtDNA haplogroup tree (provides an even more detailed haplogroup, takes your haplogroup down more branches).

There's more info in the mtDNA link below:
kurly2970
female
Släktträd: Icke-grafisk
Sökning: Text
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for your help. I uploaded my FTDNA last week to Geneanet, but it is the basic family finder test. I did this with my father while searching for his German roots.
I have been searching for my mother's parents for a long time. I recently started finding information about her mother's side. Not only am I in awe/shock of what I have been finding but this took me into a completely different direction. Once again, Thank you!

My Wikitree page

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Gerlach-254

I will upload my dna test here too. I am still learning how to use Wikitree and have not figured out dna yet ;)
Skriv svar

Återgå till "DNA - Genetic Genealogy"