Skriv svar

Help finding Joseph Aristides Touzard Bouvier

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
lalindeluis
male
Släktträd: Grafisk
Sökning: Grafik
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hello my name Luis Fernando Lalinde Touzard and I would like to learn more about my Great-great-grandfather and possible find his birth certificated but I can't find any information about him on this site. This is the information I know about him: My Great-great-grandfather was named Joseph Aristides Touzard Bouvier or Baquie. Not sure of mother last name. He was born in Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France in 1865. I haven't found his birth certificate yet. From the passed down story I have heard, he arrived in South America to work on the French attempt to construct a sea-level canal in Panama. With his first wife who was Florence Soret and became Florencia Soret De Touzard or Florence Soret de Touzard he had 3 children in Ecuador 1) (Born 1898) Jose Touzard Soret 2) (Born 1892) Carlos Alberto Touzard Soret 3) and Luis Touzard Soret and had another 4 children in his second marriage with Adela del Solar Argueda in Peru. Below is picture of my him. Please if you can help me with any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Bonjour mon nom Luis Fernando Lalinde Touzard et je voudrais en savoir plus sur mon arrière-arrière-grand-père et éventuellement trouver son acte de naissance. Voici les informations que je connais de lui: Mon arrière-arrière-grand-père s'appelait Joseph Aristides Touzard Bouvier ou Baquie.Pas sûr de son nom de famille de mère. Je crois qu'il est né à Nice, dans les Alpes-Maritimes, en 1865, en Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, en France. Je n'ai pas encore trouvé son acte de naissance. D'après l'histoire que j'ai entendue, il est arrivé en Amérique du Sud pour travailler à la tentative française de construire un canal au niveau de la mer au Panama. Avec sa première épouse, Florence Soret et devenue Florencia Soret de Touzard or Florence Soret de Touzard, il eut 3 enfants en Équateur 1) (Né en 1898) Jose Touzard Soret 2) (Né en 1892) Carlos Alberto Touzard Soret 3) et Luis Touzard Soret et d'autres enfants dans son deuxième mariage avec Adela del Solar Argueda en Peru. Ci-dessous la photo de mon lui. S'il vous plaît je l'apprécierais vraiment.
Bilagor
Joseph Aristides Touzard
Joseph Aristides Touzard
Senast redigerad av 11 lalindeluis, redigerad totalt 12 gång.
chmidelear
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hello !

I searched the birth records in NICE for the years 1863 to 1867 : no birth of Joseph Aristide TOUZARD or Joseph Aristide BOUVIER.

BUT : a quick search on the internet provided this http://www.ancestrositalianos.com/blog/panama.pdf

This is a list of employees working for the "Canal de Panama" : searching this document with the name TOUZARD gives :

MFN: 3012
Nom complet: Touzard, Aristide. (= full name)
Date de naissance: 10 Mars 1862. (= date of birth)
Lieu de naissance: Moule, Guadeloupe. (= birthplace)
Date d ́entrée à Panamá: 8 Juillet 1886.
Date d ́emploi à Panamá: 8 Juillet 1886.
Profession: Au 1er bureau technique (secrét.).
Salaire initial: 120.
Modifications à son salaire/date: 1er Janvier 87 : 130 - 1er uillet 87 : 520 - 1er Juillet 88 : 550

Is this the same person ?

Christian
lalindeluis
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Good morning Christian,

Thank you so much for your help, you are genius. I am not sure if it is the same person. I have to do more research. First time I see a document with his name on it. Hopefully, I can find more. Now I have to look to for his birth certificate to confirm this. Do you have any idea where I should start looking for his birth certificate?
-Luis
Senast redigerad av 4 lalindeluis, redigerad totalt 18 gång.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
lalindeluis
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Bonjour zanzigirl,

:shock: Wow! :D Is Amazing that you found that...by the way do you prefer that I write to you in English or French?

Thanks a lot for your help. Can you guide me step by step on how you found this document?
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide. pouvez-vous me guider étape par étape sur la façon dont vous avez trouvé ce document?

I figure it out how you found the birth certificate.

Comment puis-je obtenir une copie certifiée conforme de ce document?
Do you know how can I obtain a certified copy of this document?

Unfortunately, I can't read the birth certificate because don't know how to read this style of cursive. :? I can differentiate and make out some words but most of them are just like looking at symbols and I can't exactly make out what it says or who it mentions. My brain has become accustomed to reading all my information in plain/print text on my computer. Anyone willing to help me transcribe or tell me what birth certificate says?

Amicalement
Bilagor
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 7.13.57 PM.png
Senast redigerad av 5 lalindeluis, redigerad totalt 21 gång.
chmidelear
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hello again !

The birth record dates from 10/03/1862

Father : Louis Amédée TOUZARD - 29 yrs old - merchant - living "au canal"

Mother : Rose Marguerite Sophie BAQUIE - 20 yrs old - without profession - living "au canal"

Child : Joseph Aristide Amédée - born 01/03/1862

Christian
lalindeluis
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hello Christian,

Thank you so much for transcribing this for me. After doing more research, I found a birth certificate of one of Aristides Touzard sons, Carlos Aristides Touzard del Solar, where the document says that "Aristides Touzard" was born in Nice, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France in 1865. Therefore, I still have a doubt and I will keep on looking around just to see what else I can find.
Senast redigerad av 4 lalindeluis, redigerad totalt 12 gång.
chmidelear
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hello !

I searched the birth records in NICE for the years 1863 to 1867 : no birth of Joseph Aristide TOUZARD or Joseph Aristide BOUVIER.

Also, it seems very strange that two persons named Aristide TOUZARD were working at the same time and at the same place

Good luck : it's gonna be a difficuly search...

Christian
lalindeluis
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Thank you for your help Christian

Someone told me that the 1865 records are not indexed online (I suspect this is the same with the marriage certificates).

Savoie and Nice. France controlled the Duchy of Savoie and the County [comté] of Nice from 1792 to 1814 and permanently after 1860. To use the church records of Savoie or Nice for the periods when they belonged to Sardinia and civil registration was suspended. These church records were given to the local community [commune] in 1906, but the ten-year indexes are often missing before 1882. French civil registers were usually made for towns in Savoie from 1792 to 1814 or 1815, and starting again in 1863. The Family History Library Catalog shows many civil registers in Nice between 1815 and 1859. These were originally church records but are cataloged as civil registers because they were turned over to the French civil authorities for safekeeping.
chmidelear
male
Visa deras familjeträd.
Hi !

It’s all here : http://www.basesdocumentaires-cg06.fr/archives/indexEC.php

But only in french... good luck
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Family History Searches"